Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day Eighteen

Cruising right along on this eighteenth day of monasticism.

If this were a screenplay, we'd be just a bit before the second plot point that starts the third act.

I checked my weight on Monday. I've lost EIGHT POUNDS in two weeks, without any sort of dieting or monitoring of calories or anything. Working out has been a lot easier and I feel significantly faster and stronger than when we started the challenge. By the time I go back to jiu-jitsu in April, I should be able to compete at lightweight.

----------------------

Hmm. What else. Oh! I'm AMAZED how much I'm revolted by meat now. I went to Zankou Chicken the other day to get a falafel and couldn't even stand to look at the chicken and beef shawarma stands. And if you know me, then you also know that I LOVE chicken and beef shawarma. I go to Zankou so often that they know me by name.

But now? As Senator Clay Davis from The Wire would say, "Sheeeeeeee-it". I actually got nauseous and bolted out of there.

The other amazing thing is that my food cravings don't really exist anymore. Before, I'd spend all day thinking "Man, I hate having to eat this healthy crap. What I really want is a meatball sub or a pizza or some Oreos."

But now, I just eat when I'm hungry. I'll snack on almonds or fruit. And now I find myself really wanting vegetables all the time.

What's HAPPENING TO ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment