Monday, February 15, 2010

Midway

Well, the challenge is half-over.

Overall, it's been great. I feel really healthy, I've definitely lost weight, and my breathing has improved dramatically. My senses of smell and taste are sharper. (Although I hesitate to say that a better sense of smell is really a good thing in LA).

And here's a definite sign that my body is changing:

Over the weekend, I got a hankering for vegan pizza*, so I headed down to Whole Foods to pick one up. I made the mistake of walking by the meat department. TERRIBLE IDEA.

I was instantly nauseous. I couldn't even look at the steaks. And these were prime steaks, people! The thirty dollar a pound filets and ribeyes. But now everything just seemed rotten and dead and unclean. Jesus Christ, you want me to EAT that?

I honestly don't know if I'll go back to meat after this experiment is over. I guess we'll see.


*---The vegan pizza was surprisingly good. Try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment